Height Of Bedroom Wall Lights
For convenience many people desire the sconces to have a switch that can be reached from a sitting position in the bed.
Height of bedroom wall lights. However bedside wall sconces bring special challenges to lighting. Wall lights that are installed for a particular task such as grooming in a bathroom or reading in bed require a particular height that makes sense. This 5 and 8 foot rule may be too. But usually a mounting height of 1 60 to 1 70 m is taken as the standard.
A typical bedroom sconce. You should install a wall light around eye level this avoids glare because viewing right into the light source is not possible. Two wall sconces on each side of a bathroom or bedroom vanity mirror should be installed slightly above eye level. If you are putting wall lights in a long hallway or corridor a general rule of thumb is to position them about 250 to 300cms or between 8 to 10 apart.
The mounting height of a wall light is of course something you choose yourself and often depends on your personal taste or the application. A time honored hanging method involves making paper cutouts that mimic the sconces dimensions then taping them to the wall to try out various bedside placement options. That said plenty of guidelines exist to determine what is the proper height for your sconces. If you want to get a perfect height for a swing light the best way to do that is get to bed and place yourself in a comfortable reading position then have someone or try doing it yourself and measure the distance from the floor to the height of your shoulder add approximately 4 and that would be the perfect mounting height.
There is no industry specified proper height for a wall sconce. For example install the lights at about 60 to 66 inches from the floor on each side of a mirror that hangs over a vanity. As a very general rule position your wall lights about 152cms or 60 above floor level.
- Living Room Decorating Ideas On A Budget
- Living Room Decor Ideas Gray Walls
- Living Room Country Home Decor Ideas
- Living Room Decorating Ideas Leather Couches
- Light Grey Wall Master Bedroom
- Light Grey Vinyl Flooring Bedroom
- Living Room Decor Ideas Brown Leather Sofa
- Light Grey Oak Bedroom Furniture
- Lime Green Modern Green Bedroom Ideas
- Living Room Decor Ideas With Leather Furniture
- Light Gray Flooring Bedroom
- Living Room Decorating Ideas For 2019
- Living Room Arrangements Small Spaces
- Living Room Color Ideas Orange
- Living Room Decor Ideas For Apartments Pinterest
- Lighting Ideas For Living Room Vaulted Ceilings
- Living Room Bedroom Flooring Ideas Floor Tiles Design
- Light Grey Paint Bedroom Ideas
- Light Brown Sofa Decorating Living Room Ideas
- Living Room Apartment Decorating Ideas Pinterest